You can run all kinds of interesting apps on an Apple TV, primarily for streaming video and playing games. It's also an AirPlay receiver. You can control the Apple TV using the official Siri remote, a game controller, or the free Apple TV Remote app on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Turn on the TV display and receiver.
2. Select the Apple TV input input by pressing AV button 1 on the Receiver remote:
3. Turn on the Apple TV.
4. Learn how to navigate the home screen.
5. Learn more:
6. Adjust the sound volume as needed using the Receiver remote (switch must be on Main).
7. You can display the same thing on both screens, or display something else on the other screen.
8. You can change the sound mode in order to produce a more roomy or realistic effect.
9. When you're done, turn off the receiver and TV displays.
- The Apple TV will go to sleep automatically after a little while.