You can run all kinds of interesting apps on an nVidia Shield Android TV, primarily for streaming video and playing games. It's also a Google Cast receiver. You can control the nVidia Shield Android TV using its remote or game controller:
1. Turn on the TV display and receiver.
2. Select the nVidia Shield Android TV input input by pressing HDMI button 2 on the Receiver remote:
3. Turn on the nVidia Shield Android TV.
- Remote: press and hold the Microphone button for a few seconds until it lights up.
- Game controller: press and hold the nVidia logo triangle "button" at the middle of the top for a few seconds until it lights up.
4. Learn how to navigate the home screen.
5. Learn more:
- nVidia Shield Android TV User Guide
- Learn how to use Google Cast on a laptop
- Learn how to use Google Cast on an Android or iOS device
6. Adjust the sound volume as needed using the Receiver remote (switch must be on Main).