You can run all kinds of interesting apps on an nVidia Shield Android TV, primarily for streaming video and playing games. It's also a Google Cast receiver. You can control the nVidia Shield Android TV using its remote or game controller:
1. Turn on the TV display and receiver.
2. Select the nVidia Shield Android TV input input by pressing AV button 2 on the Receiver remote:
3. Turn on the nVidia Shield Android TV.
- Remote: press and hold the Microphone button for a few seconds until it lights up.
- Game controller: press and hold the nVidia logo triangle "button" at the middle of the top for a few seconds until it lights up.
4. Learn how to navigate the home screen.
5. Learn more:
- nVidia Shield Android TV User Guide
- Learn how to use Google Cast on a laptop
- Learn how to use Google Cast on an Android or iOS device
6. Adjust the sound volume as needed using the Receiver remote (switch must be on Main).
7. You can display the same thing on both screens, or display something else on the other screen.
8. You can change the sound mode in order to produce a more roomy or realistic effect.
9. When you're done, turn off the receiver and TV displays.
- The nVidia Shield Android TV will go to sleep automatically after a little while.